Do I Need to Seek STD Testing?

Q: I am concerned about having an STD. I am a 34-year old male and have been sexually active since I was 16. I have always practiced safe sex, but I’m having some unusual symptoms. Some of the symptoms include a discharge and burning while urinating. I don’t know if I have an STD or if I have some sort of urinary tract infection. What should I do?

S. Williams

San Antonio, TX

A: Even though you have always practiced safe sex, there is still a possibility that you have an STD. The only way to know for sure is to seek STD testing. Given that you have been active for so many years and that you have noticeable symptoms, testing is definitely a good idea. While it may be possible that you have a simple UTI, you never know – and not knowing about an STD can be hazardous to your health.

Testing can be done in a couple different ways, including through your personal physician or your local health department. If these options aren’t appealing to you, we offer private, anonymous testing in discreet locations. We’ll make sure that you get the test(s) you need and that you don’t waste your money. Our results are reliable and normally available in just a matter of days.